Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last day of school!


Today was the last day of school for the year. I would like to say that I am happy, elated, on top of the world thrilled about it. But, I'm not. Unfortunately, a few of my favorite new coworkers have been laid off and I am worried that they won't be called back. These teachers are amazingly dedicated and very talented and it is a shame that they are being forced to leave a job that they love. It makes me have such a mix of emotions, I mean, I am glad that the school year is over, I am excited to spend my time with Jack but worried too that I will not be a good full-time mom. I chose this career as a child because it would allow me to be a working mom part of the year and a stay at home mom for part of the year. We will have to see if I will be patient enough to handle this tough, tough job. I have enjoyed our current schedule but during long weekends and breaks I remember thinking that I was looking forward to going back to work to let someone else take care of Jack for just a little bit! Maybe now that Jack is a bigger boy and a better napper we will have an easier time.
Speaking of time with Jack, that boy is in to everything. He is pulling up on any and everything and cruising along in record time. Of course what comes up must come down and Jack does that regularly with a thump. He has his mother's grace (sorry Jack) and his dad's sense of adventure, a dangerous combo. We will probably be using our ice-bear pack quite a bit this summer but hopefully he will learn to be careful. Oh well, as long as he doesn't have any huge bumps and bruises for pictures on Tuesday!

No comments: